Need a job?
Tired of not being rewarded for your great customer service skills?
Thinking about a career change? LTD has an opportunity for you!
Lane Transit District is “The Best Way to Connect” to a new career. The district is inviting anyone interested in becoming a professional bus operator to come and give it try! No, they won’t be turning you loose on the open road; you will be paired with an LTD bus operator instructor and given the opportunity to drive the bus in the LTD bus parking lot. If you find it is a good fit for you, then they invite you to apply to participate in LTD’s selection process.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Go online to LTD.org and click on the link to the employment page.
2. Select the Comedrivethebus@ltd.org link, and provide three appointment times that work for you. LTD staff will select the best time and confirm with you.
3. Appointments may be scheduled for Wednesday, August 14, through Tuesday, August 27, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Each appointment requires 15 to 30 minutes; a maximum of 24 appointments will be scheduled each day.
4. Participants may not wear sandals, open-toed shoes, slip-on shoes, or shoes with platform soles or heels that exceed one (1) inch.
5. LTD has a comprehensive drug and alcohol testing program for its employees. Participants in this introductory session cannot be, or appear to be, under the influence of any foreign substance.
Individuals who are chosen for a bus operator position must have exceptional customer service skills and possess, or be able to obtain, an Oregon Commercial Driver’s License that includes passenger and air brake endorsements. Possession of an Oregon Department of Transportation medical card and a five-year driving history are required.
McKenzie River Reflections