2013 Willamette Zone Sport Fishing Regulations
The new rules take effect Jan. 1, 2013. The printed synopsis of the regulations will be available in mid-December, about two weeks later than normal due to a printing delay. Once printed, the synopsis will be available at ODFW offices and most places that sell fishing and hunting licenses.
Some of the new regulations for 2013 include:
· Restricting the use of bait on the McKenzie River from Hayden Bridge upstream to Hendricks Bridge.
· Opening of Diamond Lake to year round fishing.
· Establishing winter fishing opportunity on Lemolo Reservoir.
· Reducing the annual sturgeon catch limit to two.
· Increasing the daily bag limit for smallmouth bass on the Umpqua River.
· Adjusting the daily bag limit on Crane Prairie Reservoir to help create a trophy trout fishery.
· Setting largemouth bass bag limits for Wickiup Reservoir.
All the regulation changes for 2013 appear in blue.